Friday, May 9, 2008

Adventures!

It's been positively ages since I posted and I find it interesting that my last post was about what comes after grade 8. I've been thinking about that a lot lately and have pretty much come to the conclusion that I need to take a bit of a break from class teaching after my class graduates. Though there is much about teaching that I love, it is wearing on me, my family and my homelife.

So lately I've been writing articles for websites and seeing how I might be able to scrape together a living after graduation. The ideal situation as I see it would be to do a little bit of work at the school, do some freelance writing, and, ooh, maybe a job at a yarn shop on the weekends.

The latest with the class is that on Monday we leave for our class trip on the historic schooner Adventuress. We've been selling burritos and burgers all year long to raise money for the trip and though it means I'll be spending three days on board a ship with 17 teenagers, I'm actually looking forward to it. Here's a pictures of the ship we'll be on.


The kids are getting along pretty well right now. The school year is really winding down and they're starting to act like 8th graders. Once we get back from the trip we just have one more block until the end of the year -- 5 weeks! Yippee!




No comments: